Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Unmentionables

I could be very Victorian, and not discuss my pettipants at all.
I'm not Victorian in the least.
(Well, not in attitude anyway. I love the clothes.)

Specs:
Pattern: Unmentionables from Knitty.com
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, in "blush"
Needles: KP interchangables, size 6 & Susan Bates DPN's, size 7
Notes: Super easy knit, great for TV watching and beach going. The edging took a lot longer than I thought. I didn't modify the pattern at all, but I didn't use nearly the amount of yarn the pattern called for. I came out with an extra 2.5 skeins of yarn. I'm not complaining, as I have enough to make a pj top to match my pettipants! You will notice that I have not run the cord through the eyelets yet. I am waiting until I have the companion top finished. I want to make sure they match. Call me crazy.
Just to prove there is a lot of lace edging...

This is my top so far.

Doesn't look like, but I've got big plans!

6 comments:

anphoe said...

Finally we can see your unmentionable. It looks very very cute! Can't wait to see the matching top.
Btw, did you bring the MS3 with you to SnB last week which I have missed it? if so could you bring it again PLEASE? I am dying to see it in person!

costumechick said...

I did bring it, but I'll bring it again. I aslo told everyone that I'll bring it SUnday.

KnelleyBelley said...

Them are some fancy underoos! They're so nice, it's a shame you can't wear them out in public for the world to see.

Zonda said...

Nice!! Too bad you couldn't wear a skirt over them and let that lovely edging just show ;)

jennsquared said...

That is way to nice! I love it! Too bad you can't show the world how pretty it is...

Erin said...

Very pretty! I agree that it's too bad nobody but you and the husband get to see them!