Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ah vacation....

I have made it back from my long needed vacation. A whole week at the beach with nothing to do except knit sleep and eat. I had a great time! And to top it off, when I came back I had another package from my Secret Pal!! She sent me silk hankies!! I cannot wait to get a better spindle and spin with them. Frankly, they are so pretty I could just look at them in the bag forever!
mmmm. silk.

On my trip I mostly worked on my Vintage KNit Along gloves. I got the right hand finished, and the left hand is ready for the fingers. I worked on these on the beach. When I finished the right hand, my Mom asked to try it on. She said it fit wonderfully, but the left hand could be slightly shorter in the fingers because her left nails are shorter. SHe totally claimed them! That's ok. I can always mae another pair for me.


I still need the block them when I finish the left hand, and to turn under the cuff hem, but I think they will be lovely. When I make my pair though, I am going to kitchner the fingertips instead of pulling through the last 6 stitches. When I was working on these, my Grandma asked me what I was making. I said, "gloves". She looked at them for a minute, then said, "you know, mittens would be easier." "err. Yes, but then they wouldn't be gloves." My grandma is so practical. She makes me smile. BTW - the bulge in the wrist on the left hand is my watch - the cuff isn't flared.

The next pic is a really bad one of me Mystery Stole. I am currently finished with clue #4, but this is the finish of clue #3. I took this awful picture just to document the end of that clue. My Post of the completed clue #4 will be much better - I promise.Lot's of MS2 members don't like the "solidness" of the design, but I kind of like it. It will be nice and warm. Besides, I have lots of times I could use a less lacey wrap.
Oh yea! I also went to two yarn stores on Vacation! I will post pictures of my new yarn tomorrow. Start being jeleous now. I'll give you a hint. One ball is trekking, and the other two are Barefoot...

3 comments:

Manda said...

I love the solidness of it... at least during knitting. I can count on at least a few stitches here and there of mindlessness! ;) your stole is lovely! I really need to work on mine some more. lol. :) Maybe tonight when Ig et home from work!

Anonymous said...

Curious of who the silk is sold by
Gratitude123@hotmail.com

costumechick said...

oops. SOrry. I forgot the name oof the silk hankie maker - it is Crown Mountain Farms.