Thursday, August 17, 2006

S.E.X. and the PrOn to prove it!

WOw. Oh WOW! I went the Farmhouse yarns open house sale! Oh DEAR GOD! iF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH HER YARN YOU ARE SO MISSING OUT! Now that I am finished shouting...

Carol Maritn has a sale a few times a year at her house, where she sells off back stock and discontinued yarn. TWO TENTS filled with rubbermaid bins of yarn at the wholesale price - $9 per skein (retail $18). Also, she has sweater hanks for $50 (retail $120!!) The best part is the garage. In there are all the test runs and discontinued yarns. They are fill a bag for $79. I came away with........ $750 worth of yarn for $136!!!!!!!! I filled a bag and bought a sweater hank. On with the PrON!
My bags...
The sweater hank- yep one giant hank of bright teal wool single ply yarn.

One lone hank of autum spun - destined to be a scarf for Christmas present.
3 hanks of Summer spun. I have three hanks of this in a dark green from previous S.E.X. . They might be combined into a garment....
3 hanks of this multi colored wool. Light WOrsted weight,I think. SHe had lots of this. I don't have a clue what this will be. Maybe a stole.
4 hanks of really soft merino. SO soft. SO soft...
SO this is my picture limit, evidently, according to blogger. this is what you are missing...

8 hanks of orangy wooly fun. DH will be the recipient of this future something.

8 hanks of Rosey wooly fun. Maybe a sweater? Maybe a felted bag with felted accessories?

4 hanks of teal / blue vaigated wool. Felting? Don't know.

I'm going to post them later....

No comments: