Tuesday, August 08, 2006

New Projects abound!


This blurry picture is the start of my Mystery Sock. I finished the kntting on my Vintage gloves last night, and was bored, so the Mystery Socks got their start! Maybe my blurry pic keeps it a mystery still for others considering this pattern...? Yeah. That's the ticket....







The other new project - or I couldn't have said "projectS" in my title - http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/Galleries/bonus/fall_2006/swallowtail.asp

From the new IN - Fall '06 the swallowtail shawl. I am making it for my friend who is getting married in SEPTEMBER (EEEP!) and didn't think about the fact that she might not be warm enough at an outdoor wedding in a sleeveless dress. I didn't get to go to her shower, so I am making her a shawl. I will be a kntting fool. I ordered the yarn today from Knitpicks. It is the laceweight Bare - paint your own. The color should be really close to the color of her dress - and if not - it's dyable! I will hopefully have all other projects OTN when I get the yarn so I don't feel tempted to work on something else. DH, luckily will be going back to work next week - he is off this week - so I will have my evenings free of "entertainment".

I suppose this means I am buying her wedding present.....

No comments: