Monday, August 25, 2008

if it isn't lace...

...it must be mittens!
I started a new project. Yes, it's another pair of thrummed mittens. I am getting a little predictable, I think.

Our trip went pretty well. We had the interment service on Saturday. It was a beautiful day, and the funeral director said some very lovely words. The moment was very low key, and quiet, but, perfectly suited to the person we were remembering.
The rest of the time was spent taking some of DH's stuff from the house, and throwing a hell of a lot of stuff away. We also fixed some small things around the house, and...well, we just generally spent a lot of time filthy dirty. (and not in the good way, either.)
On the upside, I am not in jail. I did not commit assault, murder, or manslaughter, so I am ahead of the game, as far as I can tell. Oh, and we got to eat at a few favorite restaurants in the area.
Today, on the way home, we needed a "car break", and just happened to be on Rt 91S. So, I called up SitnKnit. I've not been to the new store in Bloomfield. So, a little GPS foo, and away we went. I wanted to "just look around".
I looked around so much, I somehow looked the whole way to the car with the following items:

Yes, lace and sock yarn. (predictable, I know) Harmony lace yarn, Noro Silk Garden Sock, and Shibui Sock somehow all came home with me. I really need to learn how to knit in my sleep.

5 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

Glad to hear that you behaved yourself.

Are you having knitting de ja vu? Those mittens are going to all band together and take over the world.

Anonymous said...

I need to learn how to knit in my sleep also. If you figured it out, let me know!!!

Anonymous said...

You COULD knit while we are in bed, but that would make certain activities more complicated.

Anonymous said...

above comment by Evad

Anonymous said...

LOL at Evad's comments.

If you can knit in the dark, you can knit while you're gettin' busy. Just be sure to put the knitting down at *that* moment (you know when I mean) or else you'll lose your stitches.