Thursday, August 07, 2008

Downey Blueberries

How long can I keep the "Hairy Balls" joke going? Hopefully for at least four more pairs of mittens!
I cast off yesterday for the third pair of thrummed mittens - #8 on the Summer Knitting Goals list. Only four more left to go, and still enjoying knitting them. Win, win, I think.

Name: Downy Blueberries
Pattern: Fleece-Stuffed Mittens from Favorite Mittens, by Robin Hansen
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lambs Pride Worsted in Blue Magic
Needles: Vintage DPNs in size 4 and 5
Notes: None really. They are the same as the last two pairs. This pattern works up so quickly, it's hard to believe they are done! I must say, I love that about them!

Today, I switch over to Ravelympic knitting. Wish me luck in my Afghan Marathon!

2 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

Hairy balls just will not get old. Never.

And may I say that you've got some good-looking blueberries there.

Anonymous said...

With reference to knelleybelley's comment, I've been in the many a locker room frequented be elderly gentlemen...and hairy balls do get old...and unattractive (not that they are too attractive to start out.
Evad