Friday, November 02, 2007

Off and Running

NaKniSweMo is off! In case you haven't been reading my babble recently, NaKniSweMo (check out the button on the side bar) is "National Knit a Sweater in a Month". The goal is to knit a 50,000 stitch sweater entirely in November. Crazy, right? Maybe not. November is also NaWriNoMo - National Write a Novel in a Month. Now that's crazy. (I can say that. DH is giving it a go this year!)
Normally finishing a sweater in a month wouldn't be that hard, but his November I've got quite a lot on my plate. It will be interesting to see if I can actually do it. It's kind of like Survivor. "which project will outlast the others? Which one will make the cut? Which will not be set aside?" Tune in to find out...
Anyway...

I made good progress on day 1. I am a little over 8" into the back. So far so good. Today I will have little to no progress. (boo) I have to head into NYC for work, and then I am meeting a friend for dinner. Train knitting is normally a good way to get a big ol' chunk if knitting done, but I don't really want to cart it with me today. I'm taking the mittens instead. They need to get done too, and a good couple of uninterrupted hours will progress them quite far.
And, my parents are visiting this weekend. I don't imagine I will get much knitting done while they are here. Unless they decide they just want to sit and watch movies. Unlikely, but it could happen in some alternate universe I suppose. We are going to see the new show at LWT on Saturday night. Maybe we will go outlet shopping on Saturday morning. Mom would love it, and what makes Mom happy, makes Dad happy. He has found life to be less grouchy that way. hee.
cheers!

No comments: