Sunday, November 18, 2007

not that prolific

This weekend was not nearly as prolific as the last. I just didn't have any time to knit. Saturday was spent in NYC with my family. we had a great day, but it meant that no knitting got done. Well, that's not fair. I got 12 rounds finished on the mittens I am working on, but not much in the grand scheme of things.
Then today I spent the whole day doing over hire draper work. (Alterations to you non-theatre people). I got home, and have so far knit two repeats on my Colette lace edging. I am over half way on the edging, but still.. only two repeats?! I'll get back to it shortly, but I thought ya'll might like an update.
On a blog post note, I might be rather scarce for a few weeks. I am doing the obligatory holiday traveling, and working for one of the most demanding designers EVER. seriously, she barely leaves you with time for breathing, let alone blog posting. I haven't fallen off the earth, I'm just crazy busy at work.
Speaking of work, I was reminded of the fragility of the human body, and of the reality of the danger of my job today. Being a costumer doesn't sound dangerous, but life on the stage really is. Peers of mine experienced a major tragedy today, and my heart goes out to them. I'm not going into details here, but let's all take this as a reminder to appreciate our time with our families, use safety precautions in all we do - even if it seams stupid, and to be thankful for our health and safety.
that's all for now. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a more exciting post!

3 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

Isn't it stressful when life impacts your knitting time? When you do end up having some time, knit first, blog later. We'll miss you, but we'll look forward to seeing what you knit!

WifeMomKnitter said...

It certainly sound like you have alot going on in your life right now. Just remember, we'll be right here when you need us!

Erin said...

I had to put my knitting away for the past few days so that I wouldn't neglect my schoolwork. I hope you find some time to relax and pick the needles up soon. Have a relaxing Thanksgiving!