Friday, July 20, 2007

Shaped Lace Tee

I decided to post this quick, before I left for Vacation. I finished it last night - mostly at SnB, but I still had a good chunk to seam when I got home. But, it is complete! And in time to wear on my trip!

Pattern: Shaped Lace Tee (krista) from Knitting Lingerie Style by Joan McGowan-Michael
Yarn: Cascade Pima Tencel - 6 balls
Needles: KP interchangeables, size 7 and 5
Started: July 6
Finished: July 19
Notes: Out in cyberspace, there is pattern modifications to make a "traditional" short sleeve, as opposed to the cap sleeve written in the book. I followed the short sleeve mods, and I like the result quite a bit more than I would have if I had followed the cap sleeve instructions. I like a longer sleeve on myself usually. Other than that, no changes except the yarn sub! I also (no surprise) put off the seaming for 3days. If I had just bucked up and seamed the thing, I could have been finished on the 15th. When will I ever grow to love seaming?
As a side note, my seaming isn't too bad on this one....
MS3 clue #4 came out today! Yay! Beach knitting!
See ya'll in a week or so!

7 comments:

acambras said...

VERY NICE!!!

I hope you have a GREAT vacation!

Anne

KnelleyBelley said...

Wow! It's beautiful. It's great that you were able to finish it before your vacation. Have a wonderful time doing beach knitting, but don't get sand in your pantaloons.

ZantiMissKnit said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You're making me want to buy this book!

Bonnie said...

Excellent work! It looks terrific on you.

mad knitter said...

It's just beautiful! And just in time for your vaca! Have a wonderful time, I'm jealous! Beach knitting! I won't see that for years!

knottygnome said...

wow, it looks gorgeous. i love the color. have fun on vacation!

Unknown said...

You have done a really good job on that! Well done! My mother nabbed my copy of the book on Saturday as she bought yarn to make this very same top. It looks great on you. Enjoy your holiday!