Friday, June 29, 2007

OMG! It's up!

It's hard not to get caught up in the frenzy of excitement. I get about 10 digests a day from the Mystery Stole 3 group, and the excitement is absolutely building. There are now 3,500 (!) people signed p for the group, and we still have a week until the group closes! All 3,500 people were getting antsy for the first clue, and the speculation was wild regarding the look and theme of the stole.

This morning the first clue was posted. After the initial OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!, another posting blitz happened with comments, questions, ideas... I'm in awe. Still, I felt myself getting sucked into the Malay. I can't even start until Sunday, why am i getting all worked up? Crowd mentality I suppose.

I have to tell yo, the first clue looks really awesome. I think we are doing a triangular start and finish to our stole! Cool!

I must go, parents await!

1 comment:

Mommyleek said...

It is beautiful, isn't it? This is my first "big" lace project, and I'm just as anxious as everyone else. I actually woke myself up an hour earlier than usual this morning so that I could cast on and get a few rows done before the kid woke up. I'm even more excited now that I've got the first clue!

Happy knitting, and I look forward to seeing your progress.