Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cooked Tomato

Do you know how long it's been since I posted a FO?

Me neither. I realize I could look it up, but who cares anyway. I think it has been about a month. That's a long time for me.
After the sleeve disaster of last Thursday, I didn't have much time to work on this poor neglected object. Monday night, after doing a bit more packing, I found myself with some time to knit. (I should have done more packing, but tough cookies)

I got all but the ribbing done on sleeve #2. So I took this bad girl to work yesterday and knit during an ultra boring meeting. Go me! I finished her up, and set her out to block.


Behold the cotton-y-ness!




I still need to finish the end weaving (blech), but for all intents and purposes, it's FINISHED!

Pattern: Tomato from Amy Singer's "No sheep For You"
Yarn: Plymouth Fantasy Naturale

Needles: Knit Picks Interchangeable circulars

Notes: If you make this sweater, go for negative ease. I was a titch concerned about the cotton being too stiff and not stretching if I made the sweater with negative ease in mind. I was wrong. It is a bit too big - ok a lot. It's ok though. I chose to knit longer sleeves, and consider it a baggy "layering" sweater. Big and comfy. I would love to make this sweater again in a wool blend yarn - but this time using the negative ease principle. I also learned it impossible to take agood picture of yourself.


In other knitting news:

*I'm making good progress on the SP socks. I have reached another milestone.......

*I think I have finally moved all but my WIP basket to the new apartment.

*I keep buying stuff - I guess my Psyche feels the current apartment is too naked without all the fibery goodness, and wants to refill it. It is a hard row to hoe. I did cave in and bought some much coveted Vesper Sock Yarn! It's like trying to buy a breeze. The site gets refreshed ,and is sold out 20 minutes later. I have no idea how I got a skein, but I did! Now I just have to wait for it to arrive....

*I still haven't swatched for the the MysteryStole3. But, I bought beads and a small crochet hook for the project. I'm still undecided about using them ,but I figure if I have them, I am ready, should I decided I want to use them when clue #1 comes out.


Pretty eh? oh, and there really is a hook on the end of that needle. Hard to believe isn't it. I had a 7 that I thought was small. Not even close to this size 12.


Need a size reference? This is the #12 next to the head of a regular pin.

1 comment:

Sunflowerfairy said...

Those crochet hooks are tiny, aren't they? I swear that I should buy another bunch of beads too. I know someone (me) is going to knock the tin I have them in over and they are going to scatter everywhere.

Nice Tomato. I wish I could do colorwork as nice as yours.