Monday, June 11, 2007

Wooly Carp!

It has been forever and a day since I posted. Well it at least FEELS like it. SO much has happened in so few days.
Since last I left you, we had the Gala at work. I designed a rehearsal hall to the theme of "Illumination". I think it was very successful. Dh took pictures for me, as I had to be away doing other things. I wanted the pictures before the guests came in and filled the space, so he had to take them before it got completely dark out. In reality, the whole room glowed a candle flame orange. I had many compliments coming my way, and I am happy for it. I'm glad everyone had a good time, and enjoyed the surroundings.




I also debuted the FPS at the Gala! And DH took pictures to prove it!
The front view:

A back view: (oddly my tushy looks enormous in this picture. I choose to believe it is the angle, not the tushy)



I also got tons of praise about my FPS, along with a request to submit a lace piece for the silent auction next year! hmm. I maybe should have had him take the pictures in a decorated area, instead of in the ugly catch all of the costume shop.

Speaking of new lace projects, I signed up for the Mystery Stole 3! I had a ball last year with MS2, and can't wait to knit another one. I printed out the welcome info, and am patiently awaiting the arrival of the first clue! I even have yarn in the stash that will work for this piece!


For those of you who don't know what the MS3 is, check out the hosts' blog: http://www.pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/ . Come on! You know you want to join me!!!
Let's see, what else... I finished one sleeve on my Tomato sweater. Thank freaking god! I fell as though I have abandoned the sweater. In reality, with the hurt wrist and the busy-ness, I just haven't been able to work on it. Maybe I'll get the other sleeve done soon! Well, at least before the fall.
I am also working away on my Sockapalooza socks! I have just started the leg on the first one!! I refuse to post a picture, BUT, I will give you a peek!






Look away Secret pal, lest you see the sock!








Either the color is slowly burning out my rods and cones, or I am getting used to the bright pink. Either way, it is certainly the brightest project I have ever worked on. Well, except my Gala room. - it was also this color, along with neon orange and yellow. eh hem. I'm amazed that my world is not in black and white now.
Oh, and as you know, Saturday was WWKIP day. Which to you non-knitters is "World Wide Knit in Public Day". I did KIP, but not with a group, sadly. I knit on the 6 train between Westchester Ave and Grand Central. And at the Staten Island Ferry Station. Not too much KIP, at least for me, but enough to feel I participated.
I intended on taking the day off from moving yesterday and just sit and knit. Preferably on the beach. It was all cloudy and threatening to rain yesterday, so DH and I took a drive instead. We went to the giant Borders and bought books. We are moving! We DO NOT need more books! Yet, we bought more books. sigh.
I added Mason Dixon Knitting to my collection. I am inspired by the rugs and lack of planning the authors advocate. I like his approach to crafting in general. See where it takes you! I don't know if I'll knit any patterns directly from the book, but I'll certainly use the projects as "jumping off points". In grad school we talked about "Jumping off points" a lot. Like using a photo as color inspiration, or a shape as a major theme in a design. Spring boarding your ideas is another term for it. I like to do this when I knit. I guess tat is why nothing ever turns out *just* like the pattern. I always adapt and modify. too bad too sad. I like me this way!
Another giant post from Costumechickland. I distinctly hope to be more postalicious in the next few weeks, even through the move. (Wish me luck.)

7 comments:

Agnes said...

Gorgeous! You look absolutely fabulous! And I am not surprised you got lots of praise for the stole! Great job!

acambras said...

P - to the O - to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S!
P - to the O - to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

Postalicious!

anphoe said...

You looked gorgeous!! Nice job on the designing hall.

Debi said...

The stole is stunning and you look amazing in it. Loved your whole swanky outfit! :)

Anonymous said...

Your gala design was absolutely STUNNING! Just incredible! Your stole, however, is breathtakingly beautiful! Truly beautiful, and you looked so pretty all fancied-up!

Anonymous said...

Having problems leaving a comment, (I hope none of them got published more than once), but just wanted to tell you how awesome the stole looked. Your design job for the gala was beautiful, too.

Denise/CT said...

The event looked beautiful and you looked stunning. Loved the stole with your outfit! Job well done. I too joined the MS3. I wonder how many of us FPS knitters did? What are you using to knit the MS3 with? Agnes inspired me with her black FPS in Zephyr so that is what I"m using for the MS3. Now if I could only get my FPS done. The pink silk, single ply, for the FPS is so tiny it is taking me sometime to knit.
Knitting as fast as I can.....See you over at the MS3.