From time to time, I like to make lists. (Did you here that? That was DH guffawing. I maybe, just MAYBE, have a list addiction.) When I found out that there was a knit blog contest that involved LISTS (!!) I couldn't pass on the opportunity. If there are any other fellow list makers out there that want to participate, follow this linky: http://www.skeinsherway.com/2008/06/2008-summer-knitting-goals-contest.html
SO, what is this all about? Let me 'splain, Lucy.
1. Head to your blog and post your summer knitting goals list (you must have at least 1 goal!)
Be sure to link to this contest in your post
2.Stop back and leave the link to your goals list with Mr. Linky (by midnight, June 20th!) to be 'officially entered'
3.Spend the summer, attempting to stay at least a little bit on track, tackling one goal at a time
4.Have fun with it
Easy enough? Let the goal setting begin!!
Dude, I can totally do that?! Besides, it got my rear in gear to make my Christmas List. I realize that my list is lengthy, and entirely impossible, given my design schedule this summer, but I made it anyway. The following things are things I want to knit as gifts for the fall and winter, so it is big. Really big.
1. Something for My Mom's Birthday. What, I don't know.
2. Finish the blasted bag on my desk for Vangie's Birthday.
3. Thrummed Mittens for My Assistant
4. Thrummed Mittens for my Other Assistant
5. Thrummed Mittens for my Intern
6. Thrummed Mittens for my Wardrobe Supervisor (are we seeing a theme yet?)
7. Thrummed Mittens for my Stitcher
8. Thrummed Mittens for my First Hand
9. Thrummed Mittens for my Draper (Yes that is 7 pair of Thrummed Mittens)
10. Shoulder Shawl in Cherry Leaf Pattern from VLT for Aunt Helen
11. Anglaise Scarf for Grandma M
12. Zetor Scarf For Grandma R
13. Mommes Lysedug Blanket for Mom
14. Ona's Lace blanket for Vangie
15. June Socktopia Socks - Snug's Wall Socks
16. July Socktopia Socks - For Mark
17. August Socktopia Socks - For David?
Holy crap that's a lot of knitting, even if #2 and #15 are partially finished. It's more than a little terrifying to type out and read. Good thing I have a lot of Vacation to use up, I guess.
Who's with me?!