Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm sick.

I don't like being sick. Stuffy head- whatever. I have allergies. A stuffy head is par for the course. But coughing- yuck. Sore throat - double yuck. I think I'm on the down swing of the cold now, as my fever is gone. I was a tad feverish yesterday and spent the day resting and medicating to the gills. And as my Grandma always said, "No fever, not contagious". Therefore, I will be at SnB tonight, barring a relapse. I don't know that I'll stay the whole time, but I'll give it the ole' college try.


In my Robitussin and Zicam induced haze I started a new project. I know I have four other projects yet to be finished, but none of them were appealing. Now, I must point out that I feel I have proven without a doubt that I am partially insane, by the choice of my latest project. Why? Well because it involves lace, new techniques, and reading a lace pattern in written out form - as opposed to charted. Under normal circumstances, this is no big deal. I knit lace a lot, I read patterns a lot, and a new technique - pasha! I laugh at new techniques! But in a fog o' cold medicine, this can be a recipe for disaster. Luckily, disaster was averted. At least, it looks good to me now. Maybe when I de-fog in a few days I'll think differently.


Anyway, the new project:






It's a blob. Eventually the blog will be the Hemlock Ring Blanket of Jarad Flood fame. I'm calling mine Socrates. Socrates was executed by Hemlock poison for his outspoken stance against the state and the status quo. He disagreed with the "might makes right" attitude of the government, and argued often about moral and social subjects. The person I am making this for is quite similar to Socrates in that way. Well, not the executed part, but the outspoken about social and moral issues; and about military might. I'll post more about my thoughts on this on my Ravelry entry about his project, as the recipient sometimes reads my blog. (whoo hoo! got ya'll guessing now, don't I!)
The yarn is Farmhouse Summer Spun in Lemon. I like working with happy yarn when I'm sick. It makes me feel better faster. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

1 comment:

KnelleyBelley said...

Just read this post now, so I didn't know you weren't feeling well last night. Hope you're feeling better now.

Your Socrates looks great. And I must say, you're smart. You know stuff.