Saturday, July 05, 2008

Independence Day

Happy fourth, a day late, 'cause that's how I roll. I had a nice, quiet Independence Day, mostly involving the task of Oompah Loompah puppet making. Ehh. I did have some knitting time too, and managed to finish off sock #1 for Socktopia, July. The theme I went with was "patriotism", and the socks coming off the needles are my "Mr. Ship 2007 socks".

I forgot how fast plain stockinette socks are to knit! Anyway, I added a bit o' color work to personalize Mr. Ship's socks.

I plan on reversing the pattern on sock #2, so the front of the foot says 'Mr. Ship', and the back says '2007'.

Mr. Ship, for those who don't know, is my youngest brother, Mark. He won the title in a pageant at Shippensburg University. Mark is no slouch in the ego department, so he never lets us forget that we are in the presence of Mr. Ship, and loyal subjects of his "Markdom". That's my baby brother for you. Anyway, the school colors are Red White and Blue, Mark wears loud socks, and I wanted to "honor" Mr. Ship - so out came my newest project.
These are on the Summer Knitting goals list too. I'm totally rocking my list.

3 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

So cool!

jennsquared said...

Love the Mr. Ship socks! Those are awesome! You better win this month!

Love your new haircut too! I know, I'm a bit late, but hey, I was on vacation! :)

Batty said...

Those are fabulous!