Saturday, December 01, 2007

tagged

Dang. I got sneak tagged! I was reading "wife, Mom,Knitter"s blog, and she has up a Meme. And she tagged us who read it. So, now I, following blogger protocol, must also do the Meme. Not that I mind. I like these!
1. What are your favorite things to knit?
Socks and Lace. lace socks especially. This year I have also developed a deep lust for Stranded color work.

2. What yarn/fiber do you like most?
It depends on the project, but I have a few favorites I come back to again and again. Zephyr, Brown Sheep worsted, and Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. I also like anything with Alpaca in it. I am an absolute sucker for alpaca.

3. What needles do you tend to use (i.e. type/material)?
Circulars almost exclusively. I love my Knit Picks interchangables and fixed circulars. I have the metal ones, but have asked for the harmony tips for Christmas. I will use the occasional DPN, but I don't even own straights.

4. Do you tend to knit more in one specific part of the year than others?
No, I knit all year long.

5. What style of knitting do you use?
Continental combination. But, I can knit plain continental, and really slowly in English if I have to = usually to show a technique to someone.

6. Do you consider yourself a “fast” knitter?
Others would say so. I think I am a speedy average.

7. Who is your favorite knitting author(s)?
Right now it is Joan Michael-McGowen.

8. What is your favorite by said author(s)?
I love the patterns on White Lies designs, so when Knitting Lingerie Style came out, I had to buy it. I plan to make nearly everything from it.

9. How long ago did you learn to knit?
I don't know. i really don't remember ever learning. At some point my Mom taught me, so I must have been a kid. I started knitting in earnest about 3 years ago, but it was always something I'd occasionally pick up and do.

10. How do you knit small in-the-round objects? (i.e. double points, 2 circulars, or the magic loop)
Usually Magic Loop, but sometimes DPNs, just for fun. I really don't like two circs.

11. What is the most useful technique you’ve learned so far?
Spit Splicing. It's cool, it works great, and it is slightly gross.

12. Do you prefer to knit fine gauge items, mid-range gauge items, or large gauge items, or do you like it all?
I do them all, but I mostly work in Fine and Mid gauge.

13. How do you like to knit your sweaters?
Any which way. In the round is awesome for knitting in the dark!

14.) Who do wish to tag? Hey, if you read this, you're tagged! Honor system!


Just a small update to end this meme....
I have completed the Trevors, I just need to block them. I also started a pair of socks for my friend Corrine. I am making a pair from Cat Bordhi's new bock, New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I'm using the "Upstream" pattern, and some yarn from Rhinebeck. Can't wait to show you pictures!

2 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

Thank you, girlfriend! Hope everything is going well with you. I can't wait to see the Trevors!

KnelleyBelley said...

Speedy average? I think not. Don't sell yourself short, sister. I consider myself tagged by both you and Wife, "Mom", Knitter, so here I go.