Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Care package

I have a friend that keeps reappearing in my life. T was an undergrad when I was in Grad school at MSU. She graduated and moved off into the big bad world. I graduated and moved to Arkansas. After three years in the "asshole of the country", I moved to CT, and to my current job. T was working at the same place! We reconnected famously. We went knitting, and yarn shopping, and to SnB. We hung out, went to parties - you know, Girl Stuff. Then T went on to another phase of her life. She decided to go back to school, and take a new path in life. I was, and still am really proud of her. She moved form one male dominated field to an even MORE male dominated field. She is one semester from graduating, and already has a job lined up. She is funny, pretty, and Midwestern - and therefore cares about everyone she meets. I read her blog, and we occasionally talk on the phone, or go to the same "get-together", but it's not the same as living in the same place, or working at the same job. Even though she lives in Boston, and is soon moving to Maryland, I know we will cross paths again. Until then, we will keep in touch in what ever way we can.
Just as proof of T's unbelievable caring, I submit the care package she sent me yesterday:

Awesome!
Try not do drool on your computers, please. Included in the most wonderfullest package ever is a crossword puzzle book, a giant pen for doing the crosswords, a book of fingernail tattoos, a book of educational stickers, a mini paint by numbers kit, a DVD collection of season 2 of Slings and Arrows, and YARN! When T was last living in CT I was pretty much exclusively knitting socks. In fact, I taught her to knit socks. She sent me sock yarn!

In case you can't tell from the first picture, it is Tofutsies! I love this yarn! and it's purple! She knows me so well. Crosswords, manicure supplies, stickers, art project, DVDs, and yarn.

It's good to have friends, both near and far.

3 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

You have got to be one of the luckiest people in the world to have a friend like that!

Hope everything is going ok with you!

anphoe said...

I know. I am jealous (well, when don't I be jealous? ans: none)

I am drooling all over the computer. Thank goodness I am at school and using school's computer.

Erin said...

Lucky! :)
To have that friend and that purple yarn!
Hope all's well.