Thursday, August 18, 2011

Not much time to knit

Along with being back at my regular job, I am helping a draper* friend do some stitching. It has filled most of my nights and weekends for the last two weeks. Sadly, this means little knitting time. Happily it means extra $$ - which is good with Rhinebeck quickly approaching! About all I can muster when I get home, at 11pm, is about three rows on the yoke of my "Rhinebeck 11" sweater, or one hexipuff. In case you are a non-knitter, or a knitter living under a rock, these are hexipuffs:
Cute, right?! The hexipuffs are part of a long term project that will one day be a blanket. I'm calling mine "Hexi-Puff the Magic Blanket", but the designer calls it "the Bee Keeper's Quilt". The little things arefun to make, and take just the amount of awake-ness I have left in me when I get home at night. I also feel they will be an excellent tech project!
*draper - the person in a theatrical costume shop that creates a pattern for a garment based on the drawings of the designer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, I don't know what you are talking about these hexi-puffs... I don't see them... I don't know what you are talking about... AHHHHHHH... MUST.FINISH.SWEATER.FIRST!