Tuesday, September 19, 2006

what I have been doing....

It has been 11 days since my last confession, er... I mean post. I have been off the charts busy! I am nearly finished with my Kiri. I am not going to [post any more pictres f the green blob until I am blocking the thing. seriously. it looks likea blob. Kiri has been slow going, as of late. I have been in Tech rehearsals, and frankly, lace in the dark is hard. Instead I made this scarf - for a Christmas present.

The specs:
Pattern of my own "design". It is a slanted rib pattern, that initially was supposed to just slant in one direction. I got bored and decided to slant the other direction - by doing an extra purl row. Esy peasy. Then I decided counting my rows was too much work, and I should just change directions when the mood struck. I did that for a little, then I decided to change directions when the Stage Manager called for break. It is the funkiest randomest way to knit. But it was super fun, and I have several people willing to take it off my hands.

The yarn is from handpaintedyarn.com, and is called Novelty butone wool, in colorway fiesta. http://handpaintedyarn.com/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=544

I knit it on #8 Susan Bates quicksilvers.
Over all a just interesting enough project to do in the dark with out going bored.

I also knit a dark blue watch cap for my brother. I need to wash it..then you get a picture. Eventually...

Now on the needles, and with a picture tomorrow, is my pair of "Elfine's socks". I am using Cherry Tree Hill Sock yarn in "Tropical storm" colorway. They are looking pretty cool!

Other than work, I also went to NYC this weekend. On Saturday I spent the day with my Mom and my two ...Aunts? My Dad's cousin's wives. easier just to say Aunts. Anywho, we spent the day buying bags in Chinatown. Love Chinatown! I got three bags (from my mom) and free lunch( from Tina), and free dinner (from Marion)! I spent my train fare, and that was it! They wouldn't let my buy anything for myself...not that I'm complaining.

On SUnday I went to the NYC Knit Out! It rocked! I met tons of Knitty Heads including my SP! Hi Weaselrina! Three of us are working on Kiri right now! How cool is that?! I'm so lame. I got so exscited by the knitting and the people, I only took 2 pictures. These are of the Knitty Heads meeting up outside b &n's.


I would tell you all of the names, but I'll get some wrong, and I don't want to do that. SO I won't even try. I am so bad with names.
I also hooked up with my friend Nate after the kintting festivites and we chowed down on Chinese Food and Wine. He just moved to NYC - actually Jamaica in Queens, and was feeling a bit lonely. It was so good to see him! everybody send good vibes to my friend Nate that he will continue to love his new adventure in life!

Tommorow - more pictures of FO'S!

No comments: